The hot tap drill is the universal tool to install your insertion flow meter in any compressed air system. In only 30 minutes you can drill a hole and install your flow meter. Using a hot tap saddle and a hot tap drill, you can create a new installation point without depressurizing your installation. The VPInstruments exclusive hot tap drill can be used for drilling through a hot tap saddle with a 1” fitting.
Compared to low cost electrical hot tap drills, which are prone to jamming and breaking of the drill head, our hot tap drill is safe and easy to operate. See our instruction video for details.
Features / Benefits
- Make an installation point without de-pressurizing your system
- Hand operated: no power tool needed on-site
- Safe and easy operation
- For applications up to 10 bar
- 1” Hot tap drill size
- All accessories included
- Explorer® transport case included
Your hot tap drill exclusive model kit will include:
- Rugged yellow carry and storage case
- Unidrill hot tap drill
- Standard drill 21mm | 0.83”. L = 70mm. HHS CO material
- Wrench 14/17
- Hook wrench 52/55
- Ratchet wrench
- Center point
- High flow air relief adapter AC 1/2”
Note: Hot tapping is a skilled task. Familiarize yourself with this task. VPInstruments also offers training to get skilled. Once trained, you will be able to make process connections quickly, safely and economically. The average installation time is about 30 minutes, although actual installation times may vary.